Deciding whether or not to use a real estate agent once you buy or sell your next home is a question that you might have asked yourself during the past. If you are not sure if it would be good for use a Real Estate Agent, maybe this article might help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and written by the National Association of Realtors demonstrates ON THE MARKET By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the average FSBO listing sold for $150,000 while the average real estate agent assisted home sold for $215,000. Even though many people think that they are able to save money and time by selling the home by themselves, this is often false. San Mateo County They also usually don’t always understand the trials which come along with selling their house FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing market and listing their home at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to devote to all areas of the sale. This might be marketing the house, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails concerning the home, etc.
? Determining whether they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the home.
? Selling the home inside a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the biggest investment most people can make in their lives. Whether you’re buying a new home or selling your existing home, a real estate agent can help protect your interests and potentially save you a large amount of money. We have compiled a list of benefits for both homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is usually not required to pay the real estate agent. When a agent represents a house buyer on a purchase of a home, the commission earned by that agent is purchased by the seller of the house. The commission is taken out of the sales price.
2. Real estate agents get access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them the most up today information on homes that are for sale in your area.
This service is not open to everyone. With the MLS an agent can find out information about the home like, taxes, just how long it has been listed, price changes, special features on the home etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the region. A real estate agent will be able to tell you about a nearby, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are available in the areas that you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents know how to negotiate with the seller on your behalf. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very hard. In today’s market it is not uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often real estate agents can easily negotiate items in the house like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture into the sale of the house. Your real estate agents job is to make sure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep carefully the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you’ll have a lot of tasks that need to be completed in a brief amount of time. Your agent can assist you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A AGENT When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent will probably be worth the commission. As soon as you actually consider all the things your agent will do for you personally from the time they list the home to enough time it sells, the commission paid to that agent is normally money well spent. Often times an agent will be able to help you get your home sold considerably faster and for more income than you could have by yourself.
2. Agents understand the current housing marketplace. Choose a realtor that lives locally. This agent will understand a nearby, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents learn how to sell your home. This is their job, and exactly like any other job should they don’t do a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and really should know what they are doing. It is often a good idea to get an agents track record prior to letting them sell your home. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in the forex market. Their job would be to attract buyers and sell the house.
4. Agents know what will make houses sell. Your agent can give you suggestions about what could be done to the home to obtain it sold quicker. Anything from staging the house to making minor repairs or upgrades.